Sunday, February 1, 2009

My First Post

Dylan and "Baby Landon"


Well here goes nothing! I'm hoping to keep up with this but with Dylan just turning 3 and Landon a little over a month old, I have my hands full!

Dylan turned 3 on the 29th and we had his birthday party yesterday. He was such a good boy the whole day and was very excited for everyone to be here!
Dylan opening presents
Sitting with Daddy while everyone sings Happy Birthday

Passed out after a long day!
He has been asking to go to "school" lately and we are trying to get him in somewhere even if its only 2 or 3 days a week. He needs the interaction and is very excited to learn. I picked up a couple of workbooks and I am going to start letting him do "schoolwork" at home.
Landon is a little over 5 weeks old now. He is such a good and mellow baby. He rarely cries and if he does its because he's hungry. He was having some issues gaining weight about 2 weeks ago and now that he is taking some formula our little itty bitty baby has turned into a chunk! At one of our weight check appointments after we started formula he gained 1.5lbs within just a couple of days. Needless to say his weight is not a concern!
He loves his big brother! He loves to stare at Dylan and they like to lay under the baby gym together. Dylan is very good with him and is finally realizing that he needs to be careful and gentle with his baby brother. I can only imagine how much fun they will have together when Landon gets more stable!
Tonight we had dinner with my parents. I guess you could have called it a Superbowl party although I don't really think anyone was interested in the game, only the commercials and the food! Dylan waited all day for his cousin Tyler to get back from his Dad's and once he did all hell broke lose and they played like maniacs until they were both dripping sweat. Dylan the other night when Dad, Mom and Tyler stopped by to pick up Auntie Kirstin kept telling Tyler that he was his "bestest" friend ever! They play really well together and always have a good time and wear each other out.
Anyways I guess that's it for tonight! I'm hoping to post once a day but we'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment