Saturday, February 28, 2009

Rainy Days, Check Ups & Questions

Ive been slacking again but its been so rainy there is really nothing to update. We are pretty much just stuck in the house unless we sneak over to Grma Babes!

Dylan did get some "new" rain boots and rain coat from Tyler along with his next size in clothes. (Thanks Holly!) Dylan had been asking for a few days to take his boots and coat out in the rain and finally I agreed. How many times does a little kid get to go out in the rain and get all muddy??? So here he is, it wasn't raining at the time but as you can tell we did have quite a few puddles!

Anticipation!

He ended up with about 3 inches of water in his boots by the time he was done splashing!

Can you believe that my little baby is 2 months old???? I can't believe it! It makes me sad because he's getting so big. Talking and smiling and cooing. He loves to lay under his play gym with Dylan. He loves standing up on your lap. He's such a strong boy.

Landon had his 2 month well baby check up on Thursday. He now weighs 13lbs 6oz and was 23 3/4 inches long. His doctor was really happy with his weight gain since we were having issues with that early on. He does think that his rash that he's had since he was born is eczema. So we are going to try a new medicine for that and hopefully it helps. We are also changing soaps and laundry detergents AGAIN! My kids and their sensitive skin! HAHA! Landon got 3 shots and an oral vaccine for Rotovirus. He did really well and only cried for just a second and when the nurse distracted him he looked at her and smiled. So his feelings weren't hurt!

Later on the same day he started getting really fussy and just screaming and crying. He's never like this! He's always a really happy baby and rarely cries. And even if he does cry he's a faker because I can pick him up and he immediately quits! He had terrible gas and was squirming and just couldn't get settled down. Finally after crying an hour or so he fell asleep on my chest and then I didn't dare move. I let him lay almost an hour and then decided to be brave and see if I could get him in his bed. I did and he slept for quite a few hours and woke up, ate and went right back to sleep. He was as happy as could be. I'm wondering if it was the Rotovirus vaccine that upset his stomach. So if any of you reading have any experience with this please leave a comment. I don't know much about the vaccine because it wasn't out when Dylan was little and Landon is still supposed to get 2 more doses!

I did also get Dylan in with Landon's doctor for a 3 year check up. He will go the same time Landon goes for his 4 month check up just to make it easier.

I stole this next idea from a few girls on my mommies board. They asked their children the same questions and some of them were so funny. I asked Dylan these this morning and he was so excited to be answering these. Some of the answers were hilarious like "throwing toys at mommy" to the "bologna sandwiches" which we have never EVER had! Anyways all his answers are in bold just like he answered.

What is your name? Dylan
How old are you? Uhm….Free….Free Years old
What is your favorite color? Uhh….white (the color of the shirt hes wearing right now)
What is your favorite animal? An Elephant
What is your favorite show to watch? Mickey Mouse
What is your favorite thing to eat? Peanut Butter and Jelly
What is your favorite thing to do? Play with my bicycle
Who is your best friend? I like baby Landon the best!
What is your favorite toy? My bicycle
What is your favorite song? Mickey Mouse Club House…come inside its fun inside (Singing!)
What do you want to be when you grow up? To drive a big truck
Tell me something naughty that you do: I throw away my toys
What is your favorite candy? Bologna Sandwiches…Noooooooo….itsss chocolate pudding (we’ve never had bologna ever!! Haha)
What is something you are good at? Playing with my bicycle
What is your favorite store to go to? To buy balloons at the grocery store
What is your favorite thing about Landon? To hold him
What is your favorite thing about Mommy? To throw my toys at her uhm….. I love to hug like Mommy
What is your favorite thing about Daddy? To hug him and kiss all over him
Are you happy? MMmhmmmmm (with a big head nod)

I'm going to try and ask him these same questions every once in a while. I think it will be cute to see how the change.

Tonight we are going to help Brendon's parents with their annual Rotary Crab Feed. Brendon loves to help because the reward is bags and bags of crab and shrimp! I'm not a big fan of seafood but I go and help anyways. Ill try and remember to get some pictures because I'm sure Dylan will be a big helper.

Anyways that's all for now. The rain is coming back again tonight and supposed to rain off and on for the next week or so. I guess we need it. I love this rainy cloudy weather, other than the fact that it keeps us inside.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooohhh my grandsons are soooooo beautiful! Love the green rain slicker! And no he's never had Bologna sandwiches here either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dylan looks like he had a blast out in the rain, how fun! And Landon is getting so big, what a sweetheart. Great survey, their answers are always the best.

    ReplyDelete