Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dylan's Surgery

Well Dylan finally had his surgery a few days ago!!! I would have written this sooner but Dylan has been a sick little boy.
I'm so happy its over with. He really didn't have any idea about what was going on other than he had an appointment with the Dr to look at his throat and fix it so he could breathe better and didn't snore.
We got there bright and early at 6am to check in. Finally the time came and they called Dylan back. He was so big and brave! He kissed me and gave me a hug and off he went with his bag full of things to keep him busy. Brendon went back with him and I stayed out with Landon.

I brought the stroller and Landon and I walked for a while until I saw Brendon come out, which meant that Dylan had been taken back for surgery. It was over finally and Brendon got to go back to see Dylan. I thought that they would be right out so I went out to the car to feed Landon so he wouldn't cry on the way home and was ready to move the car over to pick them up. I waited and waited and waited and finally Dylan and Brendon came out with the nurse. Dylan was just sobbing. I'm assuming because he was drowsy and not feeling well. But he was most upset that the nurse had put a band aid on his foot where they had to put the IV in.

I was so happy that it was over with and we were home and just glad to be done with the whole thing. Dylan had some issues with the antibiotic and pain medication. He couldn't keep anything down really for the first few days and finally after I called the Dr he said to stop everything unless Dylan wanted to take the pain medication. Dylan seemed to do really well after stopping the Amoxicillan so that may be something to watch in the future. He may have an allergy to it or it may have been because of his empty stomach.

Anyways the difference in his breathing was amazing!!!!! We were told it would be a few month before we noticed a difference because of the swelling. We noticed the second he was at home sleeping in his own bed! Now sometimes we go in and check on him because his breathing is quite compared to what it used to be.

All in all I'm so happy that we decided to go through with it. He is doing so much better and I think it was a really good decision.

This picture was taken a few days after his surgery. Don't mind the orange mustache! At least he was drinking something!





No comments:

Post a Comment