Friday, June 19, 2009

Great Great Great Great Grandfather

Since Dylan and Grandma Babe are two peas in a pod, we are over there quite often. For anyone that knows my Grandma she is addicted to pictures! They are everywhere. In her eyes there is no such thing as too many pictures.

So in her bathroom there is a picture of my Grandpa sitting on a little bench. Since he passed away before Dylan was born, Dylan of course never met him. He has really picked up on who he is in the pictures and calls him his Great Great Great Great Grandfather. Not Grandpa and not just Great Grandpa it is Great Great Great Great Grandfather. It really is cute.

And something my Grandma and I were talking about the other day. I'm not sure if Dylan knows it or not and I think he is too little to bring it up. But I don't think he knows that my Grandpa has passed away or not and I just don't have the heart to ask him. He just knows he isn't around and that there are lots of pictures of him.

It's really too bad and sort of upsetting that Grandpa and Dylan didn't get to meet because they definitely have similar personalities and Grandpa would have thought that Dylan was something else!!!! They would have been the best of friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment